FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What information should I provide for application?
a. Section A: personal information
b. Section B: applicant’s signature and date
c. Section C: verification of information by initial of supporter, copy of academic qualifications, training courses and membership; and a CV on working history.
d. Section D: please indicate the category and sub-category you choose
e. Section E: signature and/or initial of the supporter
2. Can I apply for two sub-categories or disciplines in one application?
a. Application for examination within February to April
As the examination fee is waived, on fair basis candidate can only apply for one sub-category or discipline. The first application is classified as initial application while application of the second sub-category or discipline will be defined as upgrade. Candidates certified as CTT apply for CTP is also classified as upgrade.
b. Application for CTP via the mature route (15 years of experience of which 5 years at a managerial position)
As a matter of respect and honor, candidates with 15 years of experience of which 5 years at a managerial position can apply more than one sub-category or discipline.
3. Can I apply both CTT and CTP at the same time under one discipline but different sub-category?
In principle yes but practically may not be feasible. Examination for all sub-categories and levels within a discipline will be conducted on the same day.
4. Does it mean that I can apply for the scheme on or before 30 June 2012 with all fees waived?
Candidates can apply anytime. The main difference is that application fee and professional assessment fee will be waived from now on till 30 June 2012. Candidate applying after 15 December 2011 for either CTT or CTP through examination will also be waived for the application fee. Nevertheless, they need to attend the examination scheduled at the second half of 2012 by when the examination fee as stipulated in PCSTP06 shall be applied.
5. Will research experience during higher degree be counted also as testing experience?
Research experience will be considered and evaluated on case by case basis. It depends on the research topics and its relation to the discipline that the candidate seeks for certification.
6. I will be qualified for applying "Certified Testing Technician" in June 2012; can I apply now and sit for the examination scheduled in February to April?
As long as you fulfill the academic and experience requirements before 30 June 2012, you can apply for examination now. The examination result is valid for 3 years. You will be formally granted as certified testing technician or professional on condition you can provide evidence of the required information.
7. I have been working in testing discipline for over 3 years. I am now studying a degree course and will be graduated in 2012, can I apply now and sit for the examination for CTP scheduled in February to April?
The same answer as Q. 6 applies. You can apply now. In case you successfully pass the examination, you need to provide evidence of the bachelor qualification, once available. You can also apply for the interview which may be scheduled after June and the fee is also waived.
8. As the Scheme is newly launched, how can I get the required information and can someone explain to me in detail if available?
Certification criteria, background and organization of the Scheme and information of training courses are available under “Personnel Certification” of our website www.hktic.org. Seminars for the Scheme and examination details will be scheduled during January to April 2012. You are welcome to attend.